Sunday, November 8, 2015

Elisa Lam Fact sheet + theory


Elisa Lam    April 30, 1991 - February 1, 2013

Full story


Timeline


The Speakeasy WAS AWESOME
except I lost a cellphone
SIGH
#and it's not even mine #it's my friends old blackberry #that he's lending to me #and ughhh #well not lend #he doesn't want it anymore #but UGHHH #STUPID #caliblah

I’m going out tonight
I really hope no creeper comes near me
Seriously though
those Italian and Mexican guys go after you STRONG
Show the slightest inclination and they hound you
#GOOD GOD I JUST WANT TO LISTEN TO SOME LIVE JAZZ #UGHKLAJSDL:KAJS #ok ok #caliblah

Today I slept, took a long hot shower, stuffed myself silly with a $3 dinner. It has been most productive and enjoyable.
I seriously have done nothing in San Diego that is out of the my normal routine at home.
I DO WHAT I WANT
After all, I like my home comforts and every now and then I do something entirely impulsive and reckless like tell a guy I just met I like him…….
I do like people watching at the hostel.

Now that I’m rested and well, starting tomorrow I should venture outside more.
1. Seaworld
2. The Zoo
3. Museum because it’s free!!!!
4. Whale watching at Coronado/Point Loma ?
#caliblah #OK OK ENOUGH OF THE HOUSEPLANTING #It's time to get down to business
I got lost in the airport and missed my connecting flight
UGHH. Sleepover at the airport again.
Oh well. It could be worse.
United Airlines provides blankets

I have wifi and I can pretend I’m Tom Hanks in the Terminal (not at all similar but SURELY if a fictional character in a movie can live in an airport than so can I)
#caliblah #this trip is STARTING OUT GOOD #the movie did not mention that vacuum cleaners are really loud #it's a lot comfier than ottawa for sure
  • January 21-22 - Packing
    I’m too tired to pack

I just got my flightbook'd
Vancouver: Jan 18 - 22, San Diego: Jan 22 - 27
and the rest is to be written…
#caliblah
Next leg of my whirlwind adventure: the West Coast
Meet-up applications now accepted for Vancouver, San Diego, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Luis Opispo, Santa Cruz, San Jose and San Francisco.
SUGGESTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS HIGHLY HIGHLY APPRECIATED AND NEEDED!!!!
#caliblah

Other info and resources:

Facts still need checking

  • Katie Orphan owner of "THE LAST BOOKSTORE" recalls talking to Elisa on Jan 31st in her book store
    • Bought gifts to take home
  • What about invisibility cloak?
  • Missing Facebook and Twitter
  • Need records of fire alarm going off or dispatch on that date.
  • Was known for posting pictures from rooftops to facebook
  •  Contacted family every day until Feb 1
  • Was originally checked in to 5th floor, but moved to 4th floor after roomates complained about behavior
  • Hostel had shared bathrooms, unsure about shared rooms.
  • Did Elisa see the film Dark Water, or have any history with it

My Theory:


  • It was her last day on vacation before going home.
    • Either she was being adventurous and enjoying the last night.
    • or she was locked out of her room
  • Could not get in room. 
    • Check out would have been Jan 31, 2013 - around 11am
    • Elevator video from Feb 1, 2013 12:22am
    • May have been looking for safe spot to stay/sleep and ventured to the roof
    • Could be debunked if shared room guests would let her in?
  • Tried 15th floor roof access door before getting in elevator.
    • Most speculation is that she was on the 14th floor
    • Either looking to hide for the night for a place to sleep
      • or being adventurous
    • Possibly set off alarm and was hiding from security, or expecting security.
      • May have been accidental by opening alarmed roof door
    • If alarm was going off in elevator footage
      • Could explain why doors wouldn't close
      • Maybe elevator resumed operation after alarm was reset
      • Explains behavior
        • Calm when first entering elevator
        • Panics when doors don't shut
        • When reentering after standing in hall, hands appear to be covering ears.
  • No glasses on
    • Bent to see buttons when first entering elevator
    •  Pushed hold button or open door button instead of floor so elevator didn't close.
  • Stayed open while talking or looking in the mirror
    • may have held button on outside of door.
    • Unclear what she is doing outside of elevator
    • Could have been talking to security about alarm.
  • Climbed fire escape ladder to rooftop
    • May have been common for her
    • However it would have been dark and no glasses
  • Climbed to higest platform above water tanks on roof, up another ladder
    • Likely just adventurous
  • Could have fallen or jumped in to water tank
    • If jumped, obviously didn't foresee the lack of a way out.
    • May not have known there was water in there
      • It's dark, and it was a hatch... possibly open
    • May have stripped before or after falling in
      • after to aide in staying afloat
      • unsure if clothes were found inside tank

Conclusion 

It was one Youtube comment that led me in the direction of the Fire alarm. I couldn't find any evidence to back this up, but her elevator actions could be better explained if she had just done something wrong.
She didn't appear to be scared for her life as much as she appeard to fear being in trouble.
I don't know the circumstances that led her to be in the tank, but I believe she wanted to be on the roof.
So, no mystery solved, but another unbiased logical opinion.
This started out as a note sheet for myself, but due to the popularity of this case, I thought another reference sheet could be useful to others.




No comments:

Post a Comment